Words, endless words
Today I have been preoccupied with a number of things in my head and I feel that one way of dealing with all of it is to generalise it, Bradshaw-style, into one category, that being the power of words.
I have become afraid of words. As a human being, I am unsure of my own ability to deal with the impact of words - words sent to hurt or to upset, words sent to reassure or shake. Words have become bigger than me. I feel trepidation when checking my email, as to whose words will be there and how they will impact me. My phone is held at arm's length for fear of unwarranted communication. This is not good, surely.
I think it is time to conquer this and realise that for better or worse, we all have our words to contribute to the world, be our motives noble or underhand. Just as we can receive, we can distribute.
Thus spoke my existential wankery.
Now... for Christmas... no internet for two days... and father's side of the family...
It was a good time, while it lasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment