Having had our weekly committee meeting 'enhanced' by the appearance of a two-man ukelele band, complete with melodion, I have had the above song stuck in my head for little over five days now...
It reminds me of being fourteen. Hec and I have been pondering this a lot over the past week. I think I'm glad I'm /not/ fourteen anymore but I am also happy to be in a place where I can remember it and not want to throw things. Adding to this, I was just listening to Radio 4 and caught a programme with Joanne Harris (classy) discussing her first encounters with literature. She read aloud a Bradbury short story that I remember quite clearly from Standard Grade English, a class which I hated, to be frank. It is funny how things change.
I spent Friday morning in Glasgow, in a West End coffee shop contemplating what next year might hold for me if things go right.
It felt good.
No comments:
Post a Comment